At Bizquip, we are committed to the continuous improvement and promotion of sustainable work and environmental practices in an effort to ensure a net positive impact on the environment.
Our business offers a full turn-key solution to all workspace requirements across Technology, Interiors, and Supplies. As a reseller for a wide variety of global leading manufacturers, we echo and promote their sentiment towards ensuring a positive impact on the environment. We are focused on working with and promoting manufacturers who invest in environmentally-conscious practices, those with sustainable processes at the core of their strategic objectives with rigorous and transparent processes in place to ensure a proactive approach to conserving and protecting the environment.
In addition to a stringent review of our manufacturer’s sustainable approaches, we as a company, have made a long-term commitment towards sustainability and managing the environmental footprint of our business. We have adopted a range of initiatives including:
- Global Reforestation initiative 2022: Bizquip partners with “Printreleaf” to offset our own paper consumption by reforesting trees in Ireland and Bizquip is currently responsible for planting a minimum of 120 trees per month both in Ireland and abroad.
- Fully Renewable Energy – As of October 1st, 2021, Bizquip HQ in Sandyford, Dublin 18 is powered entirely off 100% renewable energy, which is the equivalent of taking 197 cars off the road
- Electric Fleet – We have introduced electric fleet vehicles to over half of our fleet in a bid to phase out diesel and petrol consumption
- Remanufactured consumables – Utilisation of remanufactured consumables and parts
- REPAK Membership – Bizquip is a member of REPAK, we meet and where possible exceed all statutory requirements for environmental protection.
- Recycling Measures – Stringent recycling control measures are in place to ensure our team adheres to our recycling policy which includes but is not limited to recycling of all equipment such as parts, toner cartridges and safely dispose of all print hardware in line with ISO14001 and WEEE.
- Furthermore, we strip any furniture to be disposed of down to its componentry and recycle all wood with Greenstar, steel is sent to Hammond Lane for recycling. General waste is brought to Greenstar, certification for all such recycling measures is available as required.
- All packaging is recycled in line with our waste management policy
- Workplace practices – From a practical perspective, we also encourage positive environmental practices in our workplace with our team, to ensure everyone has a strong focus on sustainability, across recycling, energy-saving, water consumption
- Sustainability for Clients – We in turn, also promote and focus on sustainable approaches for our clients when we advise them on our purchasing. For example, highlighting furniture that is modular and reconfigurable, promoting longevity of use, suggesting products that will have an extended life through the replacement of upholstery or parts as needed in the future.
Some key examples of sustainable approaches from a selection of our key manufacturing partners include:
HP / Hewlett Packard Carbon Neutral Programme:
Bizquip is proud to work with HP on its new Carbon Neutral Initiative which includes:
- Certified Carbon Neutral printing in partnership with HP. This initiative reduces carbon emissions by purchasing high-quality carbon offsets that are fully vetted, certified to global standards, verified by third parties, and meet multiple UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- This is certified as a Carbon Neutral service in accordance the with The Carbon Neutral Protocol – carbonneutral.com/how/carbonneutral-protocol
- Costs and set-up are minimal and work out at €1.00 per month per device
- Some of these high-quality carbon offset projects include:
Wind Power projects
Native forest regeneration
- Ricoh is a global leader in sustainability and is recognised in the highest gold
- Ricoh holds an ISO 14001 certification for environmental
- Ricoh has committed to reducing 63% of all greenhouse gas emissions across all manufacturing sites, offices, and vehicles by 2030 and 100% by
- Humanscale, our task seating and ergonomic solutions manufacturer has Level 3 certification, the highest standard for sustainability
- Humanscale offers material transparency with declare labels and healthy product declarations for all HS products
- Humanscale Healthy Materials: all HS products are systematically developed using healthy materials and without Red List Labels. They don’t use Formaldehyde, PVC, PFC Stain Coating or Chrome 6 in HS
- Sustainable Operations: All HS factories use 100% of captured rainwater for They use PV Solar in our NJ manufacturing facility which generates 90% of electricity. They keep track of what happens to waste and avoid sending materials to landfills.
- Living Product Challenge – is the highest standard and most rigorous test of sustainability which was brought in by the International Living Future Institute and requires manufacturers to demonstrate that they are doing more good than harm in 20 different criteria. Humanscale achieved the LPC in Sept 2016 (1st in the industry) and was awarded the certificates for both Float & the Diffrient Smart Chair.
- Project certified WELL Platinum
- Project certified LEED Platinum
- Green Good Design Award
- International Award “BEX” – winner in the sustainable development category
- Steel used in Desks systems is 100% recycled and 100% recyclable
- Aluminium is 100% recycled from the automobile industry
- Melamine is 0% formaldehyde
- All wood is FSC Certified
- Strong focus in natural materials on fabric selection from manufacturers such as Camira, Gabriel and Kvadrat
Additional reference material from our manufacturer partners:
Download a copy of the Bizquip Sustainability policy here